WHAT IS INCLUDED
This pack combines an internet access solution, utilising a 4G booster and WiFi extender. Products include:
- 4G Connect Pro – 4G Booster with built-in WiFi router & 2 external antennas
- WL510 – WiFI booster with 1 external antenna
- iKommunicate – NMEA0183/NMEA2000 & Ethernet interfaces
- Choose 7m, 10m or 20m cables
This solution integrates the WL510 hi power WiFi system with 4G Connect allowing both 4G and wifi hotspot internet access. iKommunicate, our universal NMEA 0183, 2000 and Signal K interface can also connect to the LAN port providing boat NMEA navigation, instrumentation and engine data on the WiFi network for use with navigation apps.
With internet connectivity on board you can download the latest weather or chart updates as well as having a mobile office on board. As well, you will receive all your navigation data in the same network to display and use in real time your navigation data on navigation apps & software.
4G Connect is a 2G/3G/4G (LTE) internet access solution to get internet for your boat. Utilising the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas (48cm each antenna) for fast, long range access. It also incorporates a full function WiFi router so multiple devices can connect wirelessly. It ships with two external hi gain antennas for exceptional long range performance. This is also the recommended solution for use afloat. With the two external antennas, you can receive internet up to 20 NM.
4G Connect has an easy to use interface. It is unlocked so users are free to fit a data SIM card from any mobile provider they choose. Moreover, operation is simple – turn on, connect to the password protected WiFi hotspot that 4G Connect creates and your device is online for internet for your boat.
WL510 allows boat owners to connect to Wi-Fi hot spots so that their on board PC’s or equipment can connect to the internet. The WL510 system has a compact, DC powered below deck mounted 600mW booster/modem. As well as an external, hi-gain (12dBm) antenna with 10m or 20m (33/66ft) low loss LMR400 coax interconnect cable. The antenna measures 0.9m (2.95ft). Wi-Fi range depends on many local factors. However, Digital Yacht has seen ranges of up to 4-6 miles with this WL510 system. The WL510’s Ethernet port is connected to the WAN port of the 4G Connect.
iKommunicate is an intelligent NMEA gateway device that features three opto-isolated NMEA0183 Inputs, two differential NMEA0183 Outputs and an NMEA2000 Network interface. iKommunicate has an Ethernet (RJ45) connection. This is so it can be connected to the LAN port of the 4G Connect. Hence any mobile device connected to the network can display in real time; without any internet connectivity all the NMEA data in its browser or in any compatible app or software including Navionics, NavLink, TimeZero, iAIS, iSailor, OpenCPN, Weather4D, SailGrib, Seapilot and hundreds more. Therefore, the tablet and PC/Mac become a full function navigation display.
Pre-installed in iKommunicate are a couple of web apps (including the popular Instrument Panel). Therefore, you can immediately start displaying NMEA data from your network. It also features an 8GB micro SD card. This can also host any new Signal K web apps as they become available.
- 4G booster with WiFi extender
- Solution to receive both 4G and WiFi hotspot internet access as well as to receive all the navigation data on apps & software
- 4GConnect has a Hi performance 4G/LTE modem for exceptional speed and range
- SIM unlocked for any network provider
- Supplied with 2 x high performance external 48cm antennas for optimum speed and range
- Choose between 7 , 10 or 20m cables
- Supplied with deck base for antennas (as shown)
- LTE Class 3 modem offers long range and up to 70Mbps speeds
- Creates a WiFi network on board protected by password
- Ethernet LAN port for connection to iKommunicate navigation interface; so boat NMEA 0183/2000 data is available on the WiFi network. This is ideal for smartphone and tablet navigation
- Ethernet WAN port for connection to WL510 for combination LTE/WiFi hotspot solution
- iKommunicate has Three Opto Isolated NMEA0183 Inputs and two Differential NMEA0183 Outputs
- It has a NMEA2000 Certified Gateway with Integral NMEA2000 drop cable
- Internal 8GB micro SD Card for hosting Web Pages and Apps
- WL510 has an adjustable (up to 600mW) Wi-Fi modem and high gain (12dBm) omni-directional antenna
- Easy to setup and control from any browser through web based interface
- Network Interface so can connect to the WAN port of the 4G Connect Pro
- 12V DC operation with <5W power consumption