Smart Sensor is a depth, speed and temperature sensor with NMEA0183 that features embedded micro-electronics. Consequently, depth, speed, and temperature signals are processed inside the sensor and can be displayed on any radar, chart plotter, or device that accepts NMEA 0183 data. The 235 kHz frequency also prevents mutual interference with other echo sounders on the vessel.
Moreover, this is the market’s first Retractable Triducer multi-sensor offering depth, speed, and temperature in a single, 51 mm (2”) fitting. Only one hole through the hull simplifies the installation and therefore an attractive feature for boat builders and boat owners alike.
This Smart Sensor will output the following NMEA0183 sentences:
$SDDBT, DDPT… Depth
$YXMTW………… Water Temperature
- Depth, speed and temperature sensor – NMEA0183 version
- 235 kHz frequency prevents mutual interference with other echosounders on the vessel
- Super accurate speed readings
- Hull deadrise up to 22 degrees
- 0.5 to 70m depth readings
- Plastic housing
- Data update 1 Hz
- Fast-response temperature sensor provides ±0.2°C (±0.1°F) accuracy