Digital Yacht have unveiled their TriNav™ GPS160, a GPS antenna with NMEA 0183. This is a new, high performance positioning sensor using GPS, Glonass and the new Galileo satellite systems. Therefore, providing the best position accuracy and redundancy. Typical accuracy is better than 1m. Data can also be set to output at up to 18Hz for smooth plotter track displays. TriNav™ software technology also improves inaccuracy of position that could occur through spoofing and local interference. The GPS160 Seatalk model features the GPS160 GPS antenna with a SeaTalk interface
The device has a variety of modes through field programming. This includes single GNSS operation (e.g. Galileo only) as well as output configurations such as update rate, NMEA sentence structure etc.
The GPS160 SeaTalk version includes the Digital Yacht SeaTalk1 to NMEA0183 converter. To therefore allow easy replacement of older Raystar sensors. Digital Yacht’s SeaTalk to NMEA (ISO) Converter is a small but powerful interface. It provides bi-directional conversion between a SeaTalk network and an NMEA0183 network. It also takes its power from the SeaTalk1 network.
October 2023 – New Features: All GPS160 models now feature a new GNSS engine that supports QuadNav technology. These models now support the Chinese Beidou satellites (as well as GPS, Glonas and Galileo), which means all position fixes, course and speed over ground calculations will now be utilising the strongest satellite signals from a network of over 100 satellites. This results in improved time to first fix, more robust operation against jamming, “spoofing” and outages and also improved current consumption (<25mA)
- 72 channel GPS, Glonass, Beidou and Galileo GNSS positioning receiver
- GPS antenna with SeaTalk interface – Supplied with Digital Yacht SeaTalk1 to NMEA0183 converter for easy replacement of older Raystar sensors
- Typically sub 1m accuracy thanks to QuadNav™ technology –combines all satellite data for the best accuracy
- Can be configured as a dedicated GPS, Glonass, QuadNav or Galileo only device
- Refined anti-spoofing algorithm for robust performance of position and to reject interference
- User/field can select 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud operation through simple internal DIP switches
- Many formats of NMEA data output that includes datum information –user can configure this through internal DIP switches
- 10m cable
- Up to 18Hz update rate (user can select)
- Ultra low (<20mA) power consumption at 12V DC
- Efficient system (ECDIS) support with datum sentence structure (DTM/GBS/GNS/GRS/GSA/GST)
- Puck installation or fits 3rd party industry standard 1” x 14TPI threaded mount